During the last decade, Colombia has emerged as considered one of Latin The usa’s most well liked vacationer locations.
Consistent with legit information, the rustic noticed an build up in overseas guests by way of nearly 200 % between 2010 and 2019.
That is due to its breathtaking landscapes, Caribbean aptitude, colourful tradition, environment friendly tourism infrastructure and sense of safety in its primary vacationer locations.
Colombia just lately enacted a brand new immigration regulation this is scheduled to take impact on October 22, 2022.
The present construction of the visa machine, which is split into 3 number one visa sorts – customer visas, migrant visas, and resident visas- is probably not suffering from the brand new regulation. Then again, the brand new regulation provides further visa classifications and adjustments the appliance procedure.
Amongst different new visa subclasses, there’s a new visa for virtual nomads.
Stipulations and Necessities
- Overseas voters hired out of doors Colombia will be capable to reside and paintings in Colombia the usage of a brand new visa known as the Digital Nomad Visa for as much as two years.
- The visa can be to be had to people who need to get started a virtual generation industry in Colombia.
- Digital Nomad Visa holders is probably not allowed to interact in native paid employment or paintings for an employer in Colombia.
- Financial institution paperwork will have to end up the applicant earns a per thirty days wage of a minimum of 3 minimal criminal salaries (USD 685, as of July 29).
- A letter written in Spanish or English from a number of global firms the applicant works for is needed.
- The applicant will have to display evidence of medical health insurance that covers injuries, illness, maternity, disabilities, hospitalization, dying, or repatriation throughout the time they plan to stick within the nation.
- The applicant’s passport will have to be legitimate for a minimum of six months from the date of utility. Lately, there’s no minimal validity length for the passport.
With the brand new adjustments, immigration government will be capable to decide on a visa utility inside 30 calendar days of its submission, as a substitute of the present 5 to 8 industry days.
Authorities will be capable to make a decision on petitions inside 10 days of receiving further documentation, as a substitute of the present 5 to 8 industry days.
After the brand new management enters workplace on August 7, 2022, common coverage changes and reforms are imaginable. Travelinglifestyle will stay you up to date on vital happenings.